Twitter

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Vacuum-sealed Blog.



It has recently been explained to me that I'm 'blogging in a vacuum' (or maybe they said 'blogging vacuously ...hmmm) - I'm commenting and providing guest posts on other blogs, sharing content via Triberr, Twitter, Facebook etc. but I'm not really doing much on my own blog. I haven't invited anyone around for a cuppa, to do an interview or scribble down a guest post.

Why?


If I told you I was shy you'd laugh your heads off, wouldn't you? Well, the truth is that I'm not sure anyone would consider it worth their while; I mean , I only have 7 followers on this blog (hello lovely people!) and around 1000 page views per month, so would other, serious, 'proper' bloggers be horrified if I asked them along to play?

Only one way to find out - I'm going to ask a few people round and see if anyone agrees to do it. Maybe try to fill an interview and guest post slot per month?  




Blogger and author friends - you have been warned!!!

PS: If you're one of those keen, helpful types who feels up for an interview/guest post type appearance already, then let me know - just in case I get too shy to ask!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Ashley, your post made me smile. How many times over the past several years have I felt that way? LOTS! I am beginning to wonder if that feeling ever goes away, no matter how long you have been blogging or how many followers you have. I say(not that you really asked but hey...) GO FOR IT! Worst case scenario, I guess, would be to have them flat out say no. Other than that, what have you got to lose? ;) Go for it girl! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyson. Hang on...you mean this is like my 'gnawing-the-chocolate-off-Snickers-bars-before-devouring-the-rest' problem and I'll never grow out of it?! Eeeek. Still, good to know we're all in the same boat. Grateful for the encouraging words too :-)

      Delete
  2. It depends on what you intend. Shy or not, that is your choice. I work my arse off on my blog and 1000 page views a month would delight me. Whatever you want, that's what you'll end up with. This is not finger wagging, it is just how things work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina. Having visited your blog it is very obvious how much work you put in to it. My post probably sounded like a whiney toddler! 'Whatever you want, that's what you'll end up with' - I'll remember that advice. :-)

      Delete
  3. Just ask people. my experience of the blogger / author community is that it's full of people who would love to be part of what you do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter. I'll start sending out some emails :-)

      Delete