Twitter

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Time to get back in the saddle...



It's been a tough few months.

That little glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel might just be (with my luck) the tiny spark igniting the powder keg, or it may be what's left of my sanity quietly fizzling away - there wasn't really much left to go anyway! - but que sera, sera and all that jazz. 

What I DO know for certain is that NOT writing didn't solve anything - it just makes it all seem much worse. I suppose it says a lot about me that spending time with people who only exist in my own head (or on the pages of a WIP) keeps me sane and able to appear normal. Having read my way through quite a number of new blogs this past 6 weeks, I at least know that I'm not the only loony in the world for whom writing isn't just some cute hobby but a NEED ...maybe even a lifeline (or is that taking it too far?). Now I know that there will be some people reading this and making 'pfft' noises, shaking their heads and mouthing 'bloody drama queen' or something similar. Whatever. We will all have days when life's little problems threaten to engulf and overwhelm us,  this time I chose to make a break for the surface instead of drowning down there in the dark - never been that far down? Well, good for you!

Anyway - sending you all some non-awkward virtual hugs as you start your day and I pick up a pen again.


Sending virtual hug


2 comments:

  1. "...not writing didn't solve anything," is the absolute truth. Shutting down my creativity because I lack motivation or energy or hope is pretty much a guaranteed way of making the problem worse. Hope your light continues to get brighter, & thanks for the hug.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete