Twitter

Thursday 2 August 2012

Demon's Revenge Tasty Morsel 4


See full size image

Ooh, this is getting exciting! Only 2 weeks to go until publication and there are whispers of a proper launch party at my local bookshop. How amazing would that be?!!! Anyway, will keep my fingers crossed about that and share another wee snippet with you in the meantime. Best wishes :-)


Asmodeus forces Emily  & Seth to split from their mother. As they attempt to ditch her, Joanna turns back...


'   Mum turned back and her face had changed, she looked frantic. I gasped as she ran back to the car, reached in and took my hand. She reached for Seth’s too and he leaned right over Jude to get to her. I almost panicked, convinced that she was about to drag us both out of the car and into the depths of the hospital where Asmodeus’s goon squad was waiting to take us to hell. Instead she kissed my hand and then Seth’s looking up at me with tear filled eyes that most certainly belonged only to my mother. “Get out of here,” she said hoarsely. “Get away and keep driving. Don’t come back for me. He has me. I know it. I love you both.” She turned to Jude. “Put your foot down and look after my babies.”
            With that she gave Seth and I one last agonised glance and then, letting go of our grasping hands, turned back to the hospital. Jude shoved Seth away and sped out of the ambulance bay, across two lanes of oncoming traffic and drove like Satan himself was on our tail for almost three miles before pulling into a lay-by and shutting off the engine.
            I had begun crying as soon as mum had started to speak. I couldn’t seem to stop. I was a human sprinkler system for the back seat, my tears seemed to jet from my eyes as I gave into the anger, fear and loss, feeling despair in the very marrow of my bones. Seth sat with his hands braced against the battered dashboard and his head down. His shoulders shook with silent sobs and I wished I could go to him and put my arms around him but I knew that, at that moment, it would be the wrong thing to do.
            Jude turned to look at us both. “Would someone like to tell me what the hell just happened?”   '




Demon's Revenge will be out in paperback and eBook format on 16th August 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment