Twitter

Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy 2012!

Well, here we go - another year dawns and does it in style. The air is clear, the birds are singing, the sky is blue (in places) and I am back at my computer and strapped in to do some rewrites...as long as I can stay away from Goodreads which is darned distracting!
Child number 2 goes back to school on Tuesday whilst child number 1 (and hubby) have another week - child number 2 is not a happy bunny, although discovering that parts of his new PS3 game are in 3D seems to have cheered him up a bit. Things are starting to get back to normal after the Christmas and New Year celebrations which in a way is sad 'cause it means the family will soon be doing their own thing again but also means that I will be able to get time/peace to write - there's always a silver lining!
This month my goals are to get my book back from the designer (new cover and innards in place), update Nielsen's Pubweb with the new dimensions, number of pages etc. and get everything uploaded to Lightning Source. I might even have my proof copy in my hands by the end of the month - how cool would that be?!
Of course, I also have to encourage my car to behave during its MOT, do couple of book readings in one of the local schools (very exciting and enjoyable), go through the terror of sending child number 2 away for his school trip - skiing in Bulgaria (won't sleep for a week!) - and try to stay out of my fantasy world for long enough to keep up with the housework but hey, that's life.
It's a new year, full of new possibilities and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!

All the best to you and yours for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment