Twitter

Saturday 14 January 2012

Still waiting...

I have a friend who lived in England for a number of years but returned home to Northern Ireland with her family. Her main complaint (apart from the fact that she'd forgotten how much rain we get!) was that the post took forever to get from ANYWHERE to here. She compared living in Northern Ireland to living in the middle of an African desert in terms of getting mail and I now understand her frustration.

I can hop on a plane and be in London in a couple of hours but getting a book delivered can take up to four days!! Now, I know I have a slightly vested interest in this particular book delivery (!) but seriously Post Office!!!

OK. Rant over. I know I'm just being impatient and there's more to it than a quick hop, skip and jump across from the mainland so I'll shut up now and go finish packing child number 2's case - he goes skiing with school tomorrow so we are going to be bereft for 7 days (well, maybe not his sister!).

Best wishes

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment